Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Space Portals forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ways to support you financially w/ recurring payment other than Patreon/ Odysee 6 months 2 weeks ago #1004

Grüß dich Penny, this is Lee from Germany. We've communicated briefly on YouTube in the past.

I was intending to set up a recurring monthly payment to you, but in the process found out that:

a) Patreon deducts 16% for VAT, at least when sending from DE
b) Odysee deducts 13,2% via fees*: $5.76 monthly payment = Creator revenue $5.00 + Payment processing fee $0.47 + Odysee platform fee $0.29
Esp. PayPal I perceive as somewhat over-the-top.
c) PayPal requires a biz account (which I don't have) for setting up automatic recurring payments, so I just now manually sent €5 as a gift = no deduction to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., hoping you've received it in full.

If you have PayPal biz account, it would allow you to send a subscription request to an email address, and all I'd need to do is accept that. But maybe you (or someone else who reads this) know of another simple economic way to wire you an x amount automatically each month w/o Patreon/ Odysee/ PP biz on the sender side?

Viele liebe Grüße aus Konstanz am Bodensee
--
* on 2nd thought that's not even too bad, considering the fact that they offer their platform even to free users w/o inserting ads into the videos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lee_DE.

Ways to support you financially w/ recurring payment other than Patreon/ Odysee 5 months 3 weeks ago #1014

I do have a PayPal biz account, it will come up as "Penny's Creative Solutions". That was the name of a custom sewing business I had before my back injury.

Thank you for your gift. I did receive it.

Tell me what you want me to set up for you.

Ways to support you financially w/ recurring payment other than Patreon/ Odysee 5 months 2 weeks ago #1016

Penny, dankeschön (also for your other reples) - can think about it and reply on the week-end. Am still part of the working population for some odd reason, and in these current work-days consumed with the increasing realization that my (still) boss might be a Zwilling of Pindar (or alike) .. :blink:

Ways to support you financially w/ recurring payment other than Patreon/ Odysee 5 months 2 weeks ago #1017

I just educated myself in this regard. Slickest way with PayPal would be via Subscriptions . Looks as if one would need to be a bit tech savvy because it's several steps.

2nd option appears to be to set up a monthly automatic bill .

Alas no mention on their pages how much fee they deduct from each billing respectively subscription transaction for themselves .. :(

Not knowing how much longer I'll be working this job, I can offer $5 / month right now. You have my email address from my transaction.

If both are too complicated, just let me know, Penny, and I'll either wire you manually each month, or opt for Odysee to also support that platform-

Ways to support you financially w/ recurring payment other than Patreon/ Odysee 5 months 2 weeks ago #1021

Odysee seems to be a better choice for folks outside the USA. I'm content to get what is left after charges. Thank you for looking into it.

Ways to support you financially w/ recurring payment other than Patreon/ Odysee 5 months 1 week ago #1022

Hi Penny. I again donated to you manually via PayPal because Odysee only accepts credit card, which online I only use/ share with personally trusted partners due to previous negative experience.

At your leisure, can you share your PayPal.me handle ( What is PayPal.Me? | PayPal US ) That would be a convenient compromise. Others will then be able to donate to you via PayPal, too. It's super-easy to create in case you don't have it yet, and could be placed on Donate (the page after clicking onto the "Donate" button in the far right of the navigation bar in the top)

• Page:
Time to create page: 3.481 seconds