Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

story of the moon being put in its place found in the ancient Shiva Puran 5 years 1 day ago #106

hi im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes :)

there is a story in the ancient Shiva Puran (Puran means 'old') about a demon named soma who got extreme power by doing penances and subsequently was given 'Lord Brama's own charriot' (the moon, or spaceship) to orbit the world.
he then also starts the 'First Great War' between the Gods (in space) and takes a Goddess (hybrid?) from earth and away from her husband (soma is evil) and gets her pregnant and she wont tell who the babies father is (hybreeding?) but then when she has it, it turns out to be soma rasas child and Lord Shiva has to step in to end the great war.
'the pool of the moon' in india is where soma had to do penance to Lord Shiva for his mistake (this pool is still there)
but if we read between the lines,,, we can see that the moon was clearly put there by this ancient story (although im not saying this is true, or that anything at all is absolute of course, its just an interesting, ancient tale that was in some very ancient manuscript.)
peace out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sspcamilla.

story of the moon being put in its place found in the ancient Shiva Puran 4 years 11 months ago #241

This is as good a place as any.

That is really interesting because it does sound like an out-of-control moon trip that left it in orbit.

Also, the surface story is similar to some of the stories about Ea and Ninmah in Sumer. They had a tumultuous relationship because they both cheated on each other.

Re:story of the moon being put in its place found in the ancient Shiva Puran 4 years 10 months ago #244

I really enjoyed reading that I surely hope that SSP Camila will continue to post awesome stories like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ian Starchild
System Administrator
Resident Medical BAMF

story of the moon being put in its place found in the ancient Shiva Puran 4 years 10 months ago #255

thank you for your support. i really enjoyed hearing of your explanation of Ea and Ninmah, penny. i sincerely also hope i am writing this in the right spot

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds