Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Disclosure - will we see it in our lifetime?
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Memory Trigger - incoming drop 4 years 11 months ago #54

NOTE: Sound defaults to off when first viewing. That needs to be adjusted. The sound on this needs to be turned up loud to have the needed effect. Warning, it will be LOUD when turned up. What this IS is a space-x dual booster landing. What it might trigger is memories on the old style combat and/or supply drop.

It's interesting in that it also shows just how quickly even something from the lower industrial complex can show up out of nowhere.

Another interesting point is how the light from the thrusters causes the camera to go out of sync for a bit even on this old tech while they re-hunt for focus.

I could have sworn I posted this earlier, but apparently I've had problems recently with writing things up and then forgetting to hit the save button. I'm not sure if this belongs in this section, but I'm not quite certain where else it should go. Heh, we may need a general *NOT* religion section to stow stuff like this in.

MODERATOR NOTE: Video moved from facebook to youtube for site compatibility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by manicmarauder. Reason: FB Video -> Youtube

Memory Trigger - incoming drop 4 years 11 months ago #111

Deleted the video. The moderators apparently decided to change the link out from what I had to an entirely different video that was of lesser quality and most importantly didn't have the sound. It was much, *much* farther away and all you could do was hear people chattering. I wasn't trying to show a video of peoples reaction to a booster landing with ooohs and ahhs and jabber jabber jabber. The entire purpose of a memory trigger is to have the sight and especially the sound of the thing present so that if possible it *might* jog a block. The change in video to an entirely different one utterly defeats the purpose of having it at all.

Here's the original link.
It defaults to sound off so you'll want to turn the sound on. This *should* be a facebook link. Apologies if it doesn't play natively on the forum, but I haven't found it on YouTube to be able to give a different link.

Ahh, it appears the form auto magically eats facebook links and doesn't let even the text stay in the post, so I guess this is forever lost to this forum. If you're interested in seeing what it was you can PM me and when I eventually wander back I'll send it out ... assuming the PMs don't also eat it.

Last edit: by manicmarauder.

Memory Trigger - incoming drop 4 years 11 months ago #113

Facebook does not allow their videos to be linked and embedded into third party websites. It's one of the reasons why we are trying to get away from them. This is not a function of our site. All videos, photos and etc uploaded to facebook becomes -their- property. They are not very nice with sharing of third party links. We received a message to remove the content... but found the same thing on youtube (which does compress the video causing some quality degredation).

Unlike Facebook... Youtube allows the embedding of their videos into other sites. Just be mindful of that in the futrure. We did not decide to change the link... facebook forced our hand on this one.

Ian
Ian Starchild
System Administrator
Resident Medical BAMF

Last edit: by Ian. Reason: Spelling Error

Memory Trigger - incoming drop 2 years 11 months ago #594

Where I live you can go out an watch the testing of the rockets, they lay them down in the crevice of a mountain and fire them off. I live about 30 miles or so from the test site and we have about a 3.0 earthquake every time they fire them off. For me I grew up watching testing like this though. The one that caught my eye on Space X was where it looks like the rocket is in the sky and wrapped in a field of some sort. Something like a figure 8 but smaller near the cone so like a figure 8 with it smaller on one of the round ends that was same direction as the needle of the cone maybe like (Oo). That I had never seen before. Where I live we have a lot of people that work for said testing site, and I have seen some air movement tests where they put smoke in a machine and see how aerodynamic the design is. It reminded me of something like that but I have never seen a pattern like that before. I want to say it was almost magnetic in nature, but I cant be 100% or it could have had something to do with sound.waves(:shrug maybe:). It weird what we remember, I remember being a little girl about 12 or so I am in my 40's now and they were showing some prototypes of Airplanes that are just coming on the market now. The kids I was with were bored, we had to dress in our "Sunday Best" and it was hot out, we were waiting for some ceremony. There were rope stands around it, but what made it memorable was the guys standing behind those ropes with machine guns, our mothers just kept saying you can go anywhere but near the ropes. Yeah, I think we will start seeing more from Space X that will trigger people though, and I also feel like Space X will surpass NASA at some point if they haven't already. lol

Memory Trigger - incoming drop 2 years 11 months ago #602

SpaceX is testing the EM Drives. That is what creates the beautiful teardrop field with a spiral portal in it. The field keeps the atmosphere from being sucked through the portal.
We called it das Kupfer-Mikrowellenantrieb in Nacht Waffen.

Memory Trigger - incoming drop 2 years 11 months ago #611

@Penny, thats it except the one I saw was in a different backdrop setting but it looked exactly like that. The way it bends the atmosphere around it is completely strange from what I have seen in the past. It almost looks like when they show you patterns of the earth's magnetosphere you can clearly see the waves in it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.213 seconds